PLYMOUTH FIRE CO. #1
The origin of Plymouth Fire Co. No. 1 dates back to the Spring of 1887, when a block of buildings at the corner of Main St. and Center Ave. was destroyed by fire. The people of the town realized that some means of fighting fires other than “bucket brigades” was necessary to preserve lives and property. A group of professional and business men met and formed the fire company. It was organized on May 9, 1887. 129 years later, Plymouth Fire Co. No. 1 is still serving the community with over 90 active, veteran, and contributing members.